How to Save Water
New Homes with Water Saving Features
Looking for custom homes in central North Carolina with built-in water saving features?
As a trusted green home builder in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC area,
Stanton Homes will work with you to incorporate the water conservation capabilities you're looking for.
We offer an industry-leading comprehensive water saving package, as well as stand-alone features.
WaterSense® Fixtures are INCLUDED in new custom homes by Stanton Homes:
WaterSense® Comfort Height elongated water closets feature:
- 1.28 gallons per flush, rated for performance
- Meets WaterSense® stringent water saving standards
- Per the EPA, WaterSense labeled toilets will save 2400 gallons of water each year for a family of four, versus standard code fixtures.
WaterSense® Lavatory Faucets:
- Faucets account for more than 15 percent of indoor household water use-more than 1 trillion gallons of water across the
United States each year.
- Lavatory Faucets meet WaterSense® stringent water saving standards.
- WaterSense labeled bathroom sink faucets and accessories can reduce a sink's water flow by 30 percent or more without
- WaterSense labeled bathroom sink faucets or faucet accessories save an average household more than 500 gallons each year.
Since these water savings will reduce demands on water heaters, households will also save energy.
- Showering accounts for nearly 17 percent of residential indoor water use, or about 30 gallons per household per day.
That's nearly 1.2 trillion gallons of water used in the United States annually just for showering, or enough to supply the
water needs of New York and New Jersey for a year!
- The average household can save more than 2,300 gallons per year by installing WaterSense labeled showerheads.
- Since these water savings will reduce demands on water heaters, households will also save energy.
- The WaterSense label also ensures a satisfactory shower that is equal to or better than conventional showerheads on the market, at 2.0 gallons per minute or less.
*Water savings information provided by EPA/WaterSense, using their calculators for a family of four. Standard plumbing packages include these WaterSense rated fixtures. Homebuyers have the option to choose other fixtures if desired.
Water Conservation Package - Saving Water in Your New Home
If water conservation is important to you, ask about our Water Conservation Package.
This package can be incorporated as part of a Green Certified Home,
but green home certification is not required.
- Tankless Water Heater
- Rainwater Collection System
- Warm Season Sod
- Drought Tolerant and Low Maintenance Landscaping
Other popular water saving features requested include:
- Gray Water System
- Dual Flush Toilets
- Rain Gardens
or ask about your favorite features.
Stanton Homes will customize and build the home you want, providing extras like reduced
reliance on traditional energy sources and money-saving features other builders leave out.
We'll work to fit your budget, with professional touches you'd expect in a much higher-priced home. Signature archways.
Barrel vault ceilings. Exquisite tile master baths. And so much more.
Green Home Photo Tours
Watch photo tours of some of our most popular green homes designs, built by Stanton Homes – and get an idea of what your Angier, NC green home can look like!
Give us a call at 919-278-8070 or contact us for more information!